Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trippin' over mile-stones

A half birthday flew right by.  Amid two jobs, gardening, a beau, I haven't taken much time to reflect.  It seems these days that most of the 'big news' is going on in other people's lives.  I am a proud auntie, twice-over since last year, and word is that another niece or nephew is on the way.  May is shaping up to be a rather hectic month with lots of big mile-stone events.  I am looking forward to officially having another sister-in-law, celebrating my boy friend's birthday, the first birthday of one of my nephews, the graduation of a brother, and wrapping up my first year as an ESL teacher.

Meanwhile, things are going wonderfully in my little back-yard garden oasis!

Perennials that have returned include a red heritage raspberry, oregano, chives, strawberries, comfrey, bee-balm, and a welcome assortment of flowers.  Today, my first dandelion bloomed and I'm actually quite pleased to finally be providing for the pollinators again this year!

What is coming up in your garden?
What milestones are you excited, nervous, pleased to be celebrating soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment